5 Jun 2006

It Arrived

Wasn't it only yesterday when I posted a comment to Bernita's blog entry on the awaited, coveted call--of acceptance? Bernita talks about the occassions and ways in which she's reacted to this phenomenon and asked other writers how they would react. I told her I really can't say since I am yet to hear the call. Well, lady luck must have been evesdropping when we were talking. Just this morning my inbox greeted me with, what else? The call!

Translation of above obscurity:

My submission to Letters to My Mother, an anthology of true letters dedicated to mothers, has been accepted. I received the contract today. How did I react? Well, the heartbeat and pulse rate are still normal, my vocal cords haven't been injured yet, and no, I didn't send a large batch of emails to friends. I did post the news on the message board of a writing forum I visit, though.

And

I am here, sharing the moment with you all :)

Post Script: It would be inaccurate to say I didn't celebrate this news with any measure of oddness. I did clean my computer table with a liquid cleaner, extracting sedimented heaps of dust. The spotless marvel looks barely recognisable to my eyes.

22 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

This is a wonderful achievement, Bhas! And the title makes for a tempting read as well. Congratulations indeed!

Andrea Allison said...

I responded to the thread you started about this at Writers4Writers.

So, congratulations again. :)

Bernita said...

A charming coincidence, Bhaswati!
Congratulations!
Are you sure your heart didn't beat just a little faster as this acceptance of what I'm sure is a celebration of love, strength and sacrifice?

cesarcarlos said...

Congratulations, Sury. I knew you'd do wonderful. You deserve this triumph!

Yoda said...

Congrats :-) So, you took out all your happiness on those li'l dust mites, eh?

Anonymous said...

Such excellent news, Sury!! Congratulations!

Just savor that sweetness for a while. :)

Bhaswati said...

Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate the support and encouragement of wonderful friends and fellow writers like you :)

Susan, I can't wait to give the book as a surprise gift to my mother.

South, many thanks :)

Bernita, yes, what a conincidence it was! Trust me, the heartbeat showed no signs of irregularity. The grin has been widening, though.

Cesar, thanks for the continued vote of confidence. I count it as a blessing.

Yoda, your comments always crack me up. Thanks for the laugh, once again. LOL

Jason, thanks. Onward and forward. I am now editing a story I plan to submit to another anthology.

Matt said...

Many congrats, Bhaswati. You deserve it.

Bhaswati said...

Thank you, Matt. That's kind of you to say that :)

Scott said...

Wow, that's awesome. I would probably have done a jig around my office. Congrats!

Bhaswati said...

LOL, thanks, Scott. I know, I am pretty boring when it comes to celebrating :P.

Bob Farley said...

Excellent news, Sury. Yay!

readerswords said...

Congratulations ! Must be a big boost to the write in you.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And good luck with the story that you're editing now, Bhas!
love

Bhaswati said...

Bob, good to see you drop by. Thanks!

BS, thanks. You are right; it's always a moment of joy for a writer when someone appreciates their work.

Susan, thanks! I finished the edit last night. I hope I did well.

Frank Baron said...

Congratulations! I'm certain it'll be the first of many. :)

Bhaswati said...

Aww, thanks, Frank!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your acceptance.

Robin said...

Congratulations, Bhaswati! How wonderful for you!

Bhaswati said...

Thanks, Vanessa :)

Robin, good to see you drop by. Thanks for the kind words :)

Esther Avila said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. And what a beautiful anthology it will be. I can't think of anything more precious than a touching tribute to (anyone's) mother. This book will touch lives of mothers and daughters around the world! :) Wow!

Bhaswati said...

Aww, thanks for the heartfelt words of encouragment, Esther. I couldn't agree with you more :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails